OT: Reply-to setting

> I'm not sure why that is happening. It the email that I subcribed to LD
with, so folks just have to see who they
        > it seems your messages (just like the messages of Tilman some
time
ago) have
        > a Reply-To: khartung@cableone.net <mailto:khartung@cableone.net>
in them, which leads to replies getting
        > sent to you, not to the list.

It's like this, as far as I understand (and you mailtechies out there,
please connect me when necessary).

Obviously, when somebody sends a mail to ld, it has his own (sending) email
address in the "from:" and the LD address in the  "to:" field.

When forwarding the messages to the list, the LD daemon obviously leaves
these fields just the same (hence you see a mail on the list as e.g. from
Krispen Hartung and to Looper's Delight), but adds the following to the
end:

(please take not of the last line here, to make that somewhat on topic).
Interesting here is the "Reply-To:" statement. This instructs your email
client to enter the address behind that statement in the "to:" field when
you reply to this message, instead of using the "from:" field from the
message to be replied to (which still has your name in it).

However, in some cases, the original message (like your messages as of
recently) do already contain a Reply-to field. To quote from your original
message:

In that case, the LD daemon seems to omit its own Reply-To statement, the
footer then looks like this:

So...

if you have the problem that lots of people send you emails privately that
might have been intended for the list, check whether you explicitly have
specified a Reply-To address in your email program.

        Rainer