Re: Augustas Loop Question

On 8 okt 2007, at 16.36, midifriedchicken@comcast.net wrote:

> oes anybody use Aug Loop as a live looper?

Yes.

> How is its control layout?

Best is to read the MIDI control specification chart in the manual
and wire up pedals to send the required events for calling the
functions.

> Can you overdub?

Yes. Two ways. Either by "opening" the Freeze Loop button or by
raising the input level when the loop is in overdub mode (which is
the normal state, since it is after all a tape delay simulating plug-
in).

> Does it resemble the EDP paradigm at all?

I managed to mimic the EDP paradigm pretty well for my Powerbook with
Live 6 (or should I rather say, my "Mobius paradigm", but that is
essentially my old EDP paradigm plus some pitch shifting stuff). This
would not be relevant if you do not use Live as the host, but what I
did was to fabricate MIDI clips i Live to run the "EDP behaviors"
enabled by the functionality in Augustus. My notes for the FCB1010
foot controller gives a listing of what EDP style looping I achieved:

FCB BANK 0 (loop A)
01 Overdub 1 bar
02 Multiply to 8 bars
03 Replace
04 Overdub 16ths
05 Reverse
06 Input fx: Harmonizer
07 Input fx: 16ths Acid Sweep Delay
08 Input fx: Bellish
09 Input fx: Autofilter lo cut
10 Autofade

FCB BANK 1 (loop B)
01 Overdub 1 bar
02 "Multiply" to 8 bars
03 Replace
04 Overdub 16ths
05 Reverse
06 Input fx: Harmonizer
07 Time Warp 2
08 Insert Grid 1
09 SUSSubstitute Grid 2
10 Autofade

FCB BANK 2 (loop A + B, different octaves for some intervals)
01 C
02 D
03 Eb
04 E