Re: On vs off topic -and- irritating people (Other List?)

Hi Cara,

I totally agree, if all we talked about 'round here were knobs and
buttons, blinky lights, sample rates and how to get our dingbob FCB1010
MAX/MSP gizmos to make perfect loop fondues I'd have been waaaaaay
outta here ten years ago.

That's how long I've been here on the list -- actually 11 years this
month, come to think of it.

Gawd do I feel old . . . but I digress.

I have to say I'm a bit puzzled that there is even a mention of
"another" pseudo LD list that OT messages might get shuttled off to.

It seems I remember that the poll a month or so ago was between having
the status quo (leaving damn well enough alone . . . and just having
people self-censor a bit . . . or kindly put an "OT" at the beginning
of their subject header . . . as has been good enough for over a
decade) and going all squirrel nutso and neo-nazi and sending all
offending OT posts off to cyberia.

I thought the overwhelming talley went with the status quo . . . did it
not?

What's this talk about a 2nd list?

Perhaps I'm a semi-senile old codger and I'm kicking' up a storm in a
teapot for nothing.

But daaaAAAaagnabit (he says with his best Gabby Hayes imitation) I
still plan on posting damn well whatever I feel comes to mind . . .
if'n it's music-related even in the remotest sense.

Sure, I'll be PO-LITE about it and put an nice big "OH TEE" onnit . . .
if it's not strickly loop-related that is..

But I double damn dog dare anyone to chase the free-flow of ideas from
this forum (spits expressively for emphasis).

Perhaps I have not heretofore followed this silly hair-brained dingus
of a thread as well as I mightta oughtta.

But You've got my attention now.

TaaAAaarnation!

Talk of sending all OT posts off to another list . . . well . . .
them's fightin' words.

Yesseree.

Believe it!!!!

Who's the low-down, pointy-headed, pea-brained son of a skunk that
suggested it?

I wanna know.

Somebody oughtta poke 'm in the nose.

Saddle 'em up boys (an girls) . . . let's ride.

Ted Killian