Re: y2k7 mp3s

They are far superior to the stereo mic that comes with the microtrack.

Three stage available:

Low Cost Binaurals, Core Sound Binaurals and High End Binaurals( with DPA capsules).
All three can handle lots of sound pressure with minimum distortion.

If you use the line input you could even input stronger signals,
but better signal to noise ratio with the "plugin power" input of the microtrack. Also they can provide you with an adaptor/extension cable if you'd like to use the TSR 1/4 inputs.

What Rainer says it's true.
None of the preamps in the microtrack is suitable for 24bit recording.

Even the LCB  would be an step forward for your microtrack.

My 2 cents.
R.