Re: FC-300 (was How to simulate a piano sustain pedal)

> Mech wrote:
> In fact, this is where the FC-300 gets over the MAJOR complaint I
> always had against the FCB-1010 (even though I've got one an FCB
> too): the expression pedals (not the switches) on the FCB could only
> ever be set to a single channel. So, for instance, you couldn't
> control Feedback on your Looper, then switch patches and use that
> same expression pedal to control, say, Filter Cutoff on a synth
> module.

Thanks for the info. This means the RC-300 is much more powerfull then I
thought it was :) I checked the manual again (patch mode) and now I
understand what you mean.

> Not only can the FC-300 do that (I'm doing it with several different
> patches), but you can actually use a single pedal to control SIX
> different parameters simultaneously. These can each be on different
> MIDI channels if you like.

Wow...that's really interesting. I want something similar: assigning
multiple control messages to a pedal and controlling different midi
devices. This is what you need when you are a live looper

Question: I suppose I can send program changes from a remote device to
select a patch on the RC-300? Btw: it's not my intension to send program
changes from the RC-300 to the other midi devices. I use a central 8*8
midi patchbay containing my midi setup per song of the setlist. Each song
contains the required midi setup including program changes, midi
re-channel info, splits etc.

> Sjaak, dig a bit more into the programming on the FC-300. I'm
> confident that with a bit of work, you'll find most, if not all, of
> your misgivings will quickly evaporate.

You're 100% correct :) Thanks again for your help

Sjaak

---
Scarlet One, ADSL 6 Mbps + Telefonie, vanaf EUR 29,95...
http://www.scarlet.be/