RE: square waves/repeater

>>do looping machines such as the Repeater which offer some pitch
control also have an LFO?<<

no, but you've given me an idea, for which many thanks. the repeater can
be made to respond to midi controllers, & so a sequencer playing back a
midi controller with continuously varying value could be used to
modulate things in the repeater. I'm going to try CC14, which is (IIRC)
the newly available controller on the repeater that makes pitch & tempo
change together...

a few weeks ago, I was speculating here that this same controller could
be used for fine adjustments of the loop playback.
we have a real drummer who can't or won't play to a click, but prefers
to run the show himself & do all sorts of tempo changes during a piece
with a repeater part that needs to be in sync. I figured if I heard him
pulling ahead of the loop, or dropping behind it, I could send tiny
amounts of CC14 to the repeater to advance or retard it. might have a go
at that later too.

d.