Re: Ninjam techbabble

Hmm...I'm not sure what music you've heard, but as someone who uses
Ninjam all the time, the only sync issue I've ever had to get adjusted
to is the latency of my own audio running through the computer, into
Ninjam, and back out through my headphones. Ninjam (not sure if it's the
client or the server, though I believe the server) does introduce one
measure of delay between participants, but unless you're trying to play
an actual song arrangement, you won't notice that delay. You simply hear
music coming from the other people and you play along, and even though
what you're hearing is what the other people played a few seconds ago,
you won't know. If you're doing beat-based stuff, the metronome works
fine too, the server makes sure everyone hears the beat in sync.

Check out Rainer's "Quelques Papiers D'Abord"
(http://www.moinlabs.de/i_kqpda.htm) which was recorded completely over
the Net (I do play on this, so excuse a tad bit of self-promoting).
Also, all of the Chinapainting stuff (even more self-promoting) that's
been released so far was also recorded over Ninjam too.

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com