Re: mobius track volume control generates artifacts

On 13 nov 2007, at 19.47, Stephen Goodman wrote:

> Is there a VST checker out there that one might have had experience
> with? When several packages get installed there can be a quite
> large list. Suggestions for winnowing the bad ones out would be
> good...!

I use a very simple method that has never failed me: Install one at a
time and test if it works well or does annoy the system.

Sometimes I have run into problems (zipper noise) when two particular
VST plug-ins are daisy-chained in a certain order. The problem went
away when I changed the order (going A-->B instead of B-->A).

I have also run into problems with crashing applications (Bidule,
Mobius) when applying real-time MIDI CC control, by expression
pedals, over VST's parameters. The solution was to not use the
expression pedals for those parameters in those plug-ins.

It's all trial and error in VST land. But you can do well there if
you try different things and make some errors on the way.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)