Re: computers suck (like a fox)

What about sound quality? I have a Tascam 428 (I believe) that I primarily use as a vehicle to get sound out of my PC. The quality isn't bad, but when I use certain interface tools like Line6's GuitarPort or playback reason files, the sound quality just seems a little off. I'm running my sound through a Mackie Onyx mixer, an Alesis RA-type amp and a pair of Event Audio studio monitors. The sound SHOULD be decent through such a rig but sound quality I obtain using devices that go directly into the mixer (not PC originated) seem to have much more clarity/depth/definition.

If one is using a laptop with a PC-based looper and other plug-ins, how is the sound quality compared to standalone hardware?

Paul

Chris Sewell <lunamusic@mac.com> wrote:
So am I to assume (in regards to looping) that the EDP always works flawlessly, The RC 50 syncs well, the Boomerang is quiet enough, The Jam Man has enough memory, Electrix answers email etc etc. Of course everyone has their preferences, but speaking for myself, my Laptop rig is light years ahead of anything I imagined 5 years ago. Steeper learning curve for sure, but the payoffs or magnificent.