Boss RC-2 for a beginner?

Hi. I'm new to the list, though I've read the LD web
page a few times, and love it as a resource. I noticed
that a local shop has a Boss RC-2 for CDN$150, and I
was thinking about picking it up, as a basic/beginner
looper. I'm mainly interested in laying down simple
repetitive lines (I play rhythm guitar in a funk band,
and so could use it to "play" some of my lines; I also
want to try using it solo in the basement, as a
foundation to play on top of), and it looks like the
RC-2 will do what I want (and more, but I can't seem
to find a simpler looper). I've never done any
looping, so want a simple unit that I can try/explore,
to get a feel for the process before (possibly) moving
up to something more capable (and complicated). Would
this be a good purchase for what I want?

Thanks,
Brad

      Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to
Yahoo! Answers and share what you know at http://ca.answers.yahoo.com