Re: Burned by Oberheim EDP... switching to Mobius?

Wouldn't buy two same-model crystals, and installing them in your two EDP's (Obie-Gibson mix) solve the timing problem, or are there compatibility issues between the crystal models and the mfg designs?

On Dec 1, 2007 11:31 AM, David Kirkdorffer <vze2ncsr@verizon.net> wrote:
Adam -

I believe the problem you are having is caused by the fact the Oberheim and Gibson EDP production runs use different crystals for clocking.  I had an Oberheim unit, and bought a second EDP unit from Gibson to make a stereo pair. They would not synch-up.  I learned about the crystal issue, got a second Gibson EDP, and the two EDPs lock up well.

I hope that helps somehow.

David
----- Original Message -----
From: Adam Hart
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 1:33 PM
Subject: Burned by Oberheim EDP... switching to Mobius?

I've been having some serious EDP heartburn lately and I am thinking about switching to Mobius or another software looper.

My Gibson EDP tweaked out on me, so I replaced it with an Oberheim EDP.  Big mistake.  When synched to my MIDI sequencer the Oberheim moves the start point of the second loop... and everything is off.  Forget workarounds - I WANT SOMETHING THAT WORKS HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO (like my gibson echoplex before I ruined it).

So now I am going to sell my EDP and buy a PC for Mobius.  Any thoughts on how much RAM I need?  I tried searching for the answer on the archives but I couldn't find anything.

Uhg,

Adam

Miko Biffle
Biffoz@Gmail.com
MBiffle@FoxRacingShox.com
"Running scared from all the usual distractions!"