Re: FC-300

Per Boysen schrieb:
> The manual is here:
> http://www.americanmusical.com/manuals/digitech/dodcontrolx_manual.pdf

And it states in big letters on page 3:

NOTE:The Control X is NOT a MIDI device and is to be used only
with DigiTech GENETXTMprocessors.

Useless, what a waiste of buttons...

Sometimes I think (mass)manufacturers of gear sold their brains already.
I just implement a custom made looper for a cello in Max. The musician
wanted an organ pedal to control it. We found the Roland PK-5A which is
very solid, (and heavy) and feels just perfect. But what a waist of
possibilities (no problem though for this project...):
There is a row of 8 switches above the 13 pedals. These switches don't
send anything to midi out! ----- only the middle one but not if you hit
it again -----
No way, they just change an internal mode. So the only way to deal with
it is, to use it as well for just mode changes... -;)

Another foolish implementation, The photon controller from Alesis:
They have 10 endless wheels, wow --- BUT you can't set them to send
inc/dec Midi values, they act as pots, not as wheels... How stupid and
what a waist of possibilities...

These badly designed products are probably crippled by design to not
confuse anybody, but that's really confusing. Its so easy to have some
presets which work for the crippled musicians and still keep all
possibilities...

I need simple non intelligent controllers, they don't need to store
anything, don't need any mode, just send the same always... I'll do the
rest myself... That should be so much easier and cheaper, almost no
developement costs etc...

Stefan

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------