Re: Stockhausen, R.I.P.

Maybe he was trying to reach the level of total separation as almost a
reporter oberserving and photographing a horrible act of violence such
as the Vietnamese police official executing that fellow in the photo
from the war.  Its a horrible thing but it's like just saying here it
is.

It's much akin to John Lennon saying we're going to be more popular
than Jesus in a sense.

In our western eyes it was a horrible thing.  I live in NY and almsot
had a first hand view.  It was insane sad horrible but I also never
saw such grandstanding I it's postdays from 'the money changers in the
temple' vendors selling bits of it to a certain amount of American
arrogance that was demanding blood of which mr bush went after like a
dog to a bone.

Somewhere despite all the wrong I our eyes I think those removed could
just 'report it' or respond and as Stockhausen did think his gut
feeling was to possibly in disbelief that the this terribly gross act
could occur was indeed admiring the creativity of 'Trojan horsing' the
American sleeping giant.  I think he was somehow beyond the
horribleness of it all and being the artist of which society
particularly ours have never understood.

Sidebar though aware of him from my music education I was really out
of touch to what was apartant true modern artistic innovation. There
must be one hell of a creative band in heaven with Karl, Jimmy,
Michael, Nick and so many others, wonder if Jim Morrison and Karl will
hit it off.  Thanks for reminding me of who he was.

Good weekend

Jim

--
The Acoustic World Guitar of Jim Goodin  - http://www.jimgoodinmusic.com