RE: Repetitive Miniatures

Daryl,

Thanks for the link to your miniatures. I'm really enjoying them, and I
like
the mix of high and low fidelity. The mix of quiet gentle acoustic guitar
and sonic strangulation is very beautiful and nostalgic.

I can only put mp3s on infinite repeat in the windows player, but yours
open
in quicktime. I'll work on that so that I can listen to them for a longer
period of time as you intend. The miniatures are screaming out to be
listened to for a longer period.

When I bought my first EDP I gravitated into improvising and creating a
loop
over a very long period of time, multiplying, reversing, experimenting etc.
and when I was satisfied with the texture, I would set the feedback to 100%
and record the thing looping over and over for about 5-10 minutes or so (on
a Tascam 424!). I found when I listened to them, I wished that I had
recorded them for a longer period - I kept having to stop it and rewind to
continue, which would kind of blow the experience.

Your idea of creating and release nothing but static loops which could be
repeated seamlessly as long as the listener likes is fascinating. Whatever
format you ultimately choose, I'll certainly buy one. Thanks again.

~Greg