Re: Repetitive Miniatures

Cool, glad that's working out. I'll let you know how the project
progresses, thanks for the interest.

Using DBX for noise reduction helps a lot with tape hiss, and when I
started tracking through a direct box/pre (the inexpensive Studio
Projects VTB-1 discussed recently) that improved the signal/noise ratio
an awful lot. Also keeping the heads clean, grounding the machine, and
using good short cables all help with general noise getting onto tape as
well.

There's all kinds of crap that creeps in when I track at the lowest
speed (15/16" ips) or when I crank the Dictaphone output for distortion,
but I like having a basic clean sound as a baseline.

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com