Re: OT - acoustic pickups, etc

Hey Daryl,
great that you bring this guitar up,in fact ive been
doing research on it all day(rather on the Takamine
EC132C) since i need one soon for my cuban son
group.The onboard tuner and quick battery access is
one of the main reasons i am looking at them i think
they are the only guitars that feature that.
i have an old spanish raymundo that is about 20 years
and love its big flamenco sound coming out of such a
thin cutaway.But when the battery dies live is a pain
in the ass to replace!plus for this type of music i
dont want to have anything on the floor not even a
tuner so this makes it a good candidate.But tell me
how "flamenco" is its sound?
cheers
Luis

We're not talking about a
> really pricey guitar
> here - it's a stock Takamine EC132SC with a spruce
> top, rosewood
> fingerboard (wish it were ebony) and sides - and I
> already want a second
> pickup for the main sound, so I can't justifying
> throwing a ton of cash
> into this option.
>
> Once again thanks for the info, I'm not
> knowledgeable in this stuff and
> it's great to hear from a maker.
>
> Daryl Shawn
> www.swanwelder.com
> www.chinapaintingmusic.com
> > Hey thank you for saying thank you Bro!  I forgot
> to type in one very important element in piezo
> > functioning correctly.  The bottom of the slot and
> or where the nut is seated must be perfectly
> > flat!!!

www.myspace.com/luisangulocom

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.