Re: OT - acoustic pickups, etc

yes, but i am telling you to drum on the guitar it is
excellent i saw a flamenco duo using them and i
couldnīt believe the sound! i am surprised that there
arenīt too many pickups out there for nylon strings
for this purpose,although flamenco as well as latin
music have always been very percussive styles.Another
pair of wonderful transducers for the money are the
Bellcats,it doesnt get any cheaper than that:

http://www.hobgoblin.com/local/belcat.htm

you just stick them inside of the guitar wherever you
need them,ive heard other guitar players use them
combined with Piezos and they sound awesome but you
will need a preamp to boost their output.
Cheers
Luis

--- Daryl Shawn <highhorse@mhorse.com> wrote:

> Whoa...that Cromacord is a crazy bit of kit! I think
> it would get in the
> way for me, I've already written a few songs that
> need a good bang right
> in the curve, where this pre-amp would go, and I'm
> not sure about the
> straps either. But it's tempting as it seems made
> for this
> purpose..."resonance disc"??
>
> That's cool to see that FRAP is still around (at
> Trance Audio), I had no
> idea. I'll have a look at them too, thanks Luis.
>
> Daryl Shawn
> www.swanwelder.com
> www.chinapaintingmusic.com
> > well if you really want to turn your spanish
> guitar
> > into a drum,there is the cromacord pickup they
> make
> > here for that purpose:
> > Ive heard it and it actually sounds really
> nice,your
> > whole guitar becomes a drum like a mic in front of
> > you,but perhaps lacks the presence of a piezo:
> >
> > http://www.cromacord.com/english/start.html

www.myspace.com/luisangulocom

Be a better friend, newshound, and