LESSISMORE (was TC Electronics G Sharp, and LESSISMORE)

> At Y2K7 I
essentially used this rig, but I also dragged my big stomp box pedal
board,
that I use on conventional gigs, along. I realized at the end of my set
had barely touched any of my stomp boxes, and I had a bit of a
revelation
that, Ah this has happened before... wasting energy setting up a mountain
of
gear only to not use half of it.  The other revelation that is
somewhat
obvious is that in pairing back the gear I end up playing more music
and
spending less time tweaking and thinking about sound design.

This topic sounds similar to the recent "computer suck creative energy",
but on the hardware side, funny !

Bill, first of all i have to say that your set was really amazing for my
taste, despite the unfortunate PA troubles.
What expecially i liked was listening to the music flow.
Before the Y2K7, i just heard some clips of you playing at the Y2K6, but
seeing you play live was very different, because i perceived that "magic
touch" on your fingers...

In the past i had complex setting rigs, but in the last year i'm
"minimizing" it (quoting Kris  ;-), because me too has discovered
that,reducing the available options, you could concentrate more on Music
(i
would intend: touch, colors, phrasing, etc...).
I think that another example, in the same direction,  was Randolff. For
what i remember, his set rig wasn't complex (RC50, FCB 1010 and an fx
processor ?), but his act was musically warm and captured the audience
attention.
Other example like Zoe and others could be done.

Simple is better ! i'm with you.

fabio
www.eterogeneo.com