re: LESSISMORE

Wow,  Per, as is often the case, you have put really eloquently exactly
what
I believe to be true when you wrote:

"Isn't BALANCE the missing link here?
Simple" is always relative,.........Just think about the amount of work
needed to set up a Stratocaster
for playing! ............A Stratocaster is a mean monster that eats hours
and
days before it becomes a good instrument. It's just ridiculous how
much work that is! And when it finally is tuned and you play people
just go "how simple, just a guitar and an amp" ;-))"

I actually take a hell of a lot of instruments to my live looping gigs.  I
think I bring more instruments than anyone I"ve ever
seen in my experience,  and yet,  what I do with those instruments is
really, really simple.

I guess I'm an OCD Maximal MINIMALIST................lol.

when I think of people talking about what a simple rig it is to take one
looper, a guitar and an amplifier to a gig,
I think of Andre LaFosse's brilliant
performances....................wow.....................he's so far from
simple that it's not
funny.

We keep coming back to this,  but I think that the music that is created
is
what becomes the most important thing.

I know that Ted Killian is winding down his monster rig days for reasons
of
weight and energy expenditure but the things he
would create with that rig just blow my mind.

At the same time,  how about Genie with a strat,  a mic, and a
DL-4..........................again,  mind blow time.

Unfortunately,  the post 9-11 restrictions on air baggage weight have made
the musical touring world a much more complex
environment.     I'm now trying to get my rig smaller just so I can afford
to travel without excess baggage fees.

Like Mir-0,  I'd take it all (including a second  whole rack of Electrix
time based effects) if it didn't bust my travelling budget.

Speaking of the devil,  I"ll be playing in Finland next May with Mir O.  I
can't wait to see his rig when he is on his home
turf.      It's funny but the looping community at large never gets to see
my typical local shows because we are always in
a festival setting when we play together.      My normal rig takes an hour
and  half to comfortably set up and sound check
so I"m able to play all kinds of things..............what a load in ,
though,   but I"m happy as can be because I have so many
musical choices when push comes to shove.