RE:LESSISMORE

Great Comments, all around, I certainly wasn't trying to imply that
simplifying my options was a in any way better for anyone else, and as Per
pointed out, that is relative anyway, Its just that in the process of
pairing my gear back for practical purposes, I also realized the pleasant
by- product being its easier for me to get to the point of creative
inspiration without so many sound choices to distract me.  I get caught up
in Gear Acquisition Syndrome and the desire to stay up on all the latest
and
the greatest as much as the next guy, if not more. I'm really trying to
fight that tendency more as I get older, though its hard with all the
amazing stuff available these days, things like the VG99, and the whole
world of lap top mobility. . Buying gear certainly hasn't come to a
screeching halt for me that's for sure, its just that I'm finding more
inspiration in, for example the acquisition of a different sounding guitar
or stringed instrument than I am through sound design these days. Though I
have been slow to the idea of integrating a computer into my live
performance, I'm still excited about the possibilities of that,
particularly
when I see some of you perform with laptop rigs, and I see how someone like
Zoe has used Abelton to create midi event streams that automate her loopers
so she doesn't have to deal with using her feet.  I would love to be free
of
the tap dancing, though I'm not looking forward to the learning curve :)
I'm
still a bit sour on modeling amps, but If I wasn't lucky enough to own some
good tube amps, I 'm  sure I would embrace modeling more than I do because,
I wouldn't have that reference point, and I actually think modeling amps
sound ok, I just think real tube analogue stuff sounds, and feels  better.
But as Reverend Lovejoy said to Ned Flanders,
"Awe Ned, It's All Good".
Bill

PS Hey Ted ,not using your clamp on Sustainiac anymore? Great! Just send it
to me and I'll curate it ;)