Upright Bass samples?

I've been chronically unable to find anyone who plays upright bass - got a coupla songs that would be perfect for it. Also I don't really have the funds to pay someone professional to do it. :(

I'm desperate enough I'm thinking of actually using sampled bass, which I usually hate. But it's been a long time since I checked out any samples, and figured maybe the technology has improved enough that the listener wouldn't be able to tell, once mixed into the song, that it's a sample instead of a live player.

Towards that end, does anybody have any suggestions for a really good set of upright bass samples? I have no sampling hardware or software, but at this point it looks like it will be easier & cheaper to buy some new piece of software or hardware and struggle thru it's learning curve (I'm not real bright that way) to get some decent upright samples.

Let me know what you think!
thanks,
jj

Get the power of Windows + Web with the new Windows Live. Get it now!