Re: Vortex power supply - AC, but can take DC?

Goddard, Duncan wrote:
> why not just modify one of y'r DC supplies? take out the bridge
> rectifier & smoothing capacitor & run the AC straight to the vortex.
>
> the jamman is slightly fussy about the voltage it gets, & if one extends
> the power cable on the low voltage side, or runs the psu off of slightly
> low mains supply, the jamman will keep resetting itself.
>
> my understanding is that the vortex has slightly less inside it, & uses
> slightly less current.

Just an ordinary 4-diode rectifier bridge, caps, three voltage
regulators and a few more diodes.  Geez! I checked this when I got my
Vortex with a US adapter, and forgot I'm using a 9 volt DC stabilized
PSU (my own build, shame on me not even remembering). Just checked.
Feeding DC into a rectifier bridge is just fine; the bridge will simply
be superflous, allowing DC to flow through - which is what diodes are
there for anyways :)

--
rgds,
van Sinn