Re: midi controlled looping video on itunes

Quoting info at zoekeating <info@zoekeating.com>:

> hi loopers,
>
> there is a video online of my performance from the pop!tech 2007
> conference. it's free for download on itunes. track #13 in the video
> podcast.
>

>http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=251125834
>
> i'm using my new looping technique, which involves sequenced midi
> triggering through ableton live and less foot tapping.

Zoe,

Finally downloaded itunes...  Your composition and performance is
excellent and was great to see and hear you on this video.

I notice that you are wearing earbuds.  Are you just monitoring
through them or do you have some cue material in them, too?

One of the issues to stay in sync with the computer is to be in the
same place as the computer at any given time.  My solution, thus far,
has been to record notes into a delay that, in turn, gives me tempo
information.  Problem is, I would like to do some textures that are
slow without ostinato beats.

I have considered mixing some cue material into my earbud so I can
stay synced.

-- Kevin