Re: AW: Battery-Powered Looper...?

At 6:12 PM +0100 12/23/07, Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill wrote:

>The SOS ("looper") mode is of no use imho,

That's what I'd remembered from having tried it after first
purchasing the DD-20.  Haven't touched that mode in a long time.

>however, the other delay modes do
>have what at least I understand as first loop capability, and it works
>like
>this:

Oh, bloody hell <*slaps forehead*>....  I've been using this thing
for two years only dialing-in BPM's, because I rarely futz with the
tap tempo.  And here this function is staring me straight in the
face.  Okay, it's official: I'm stupid.

Y'know it's pretty amazing, all the tricky little things you find
inside this box.  I don't think Boss intended this at all, but I'm
certainly not complaining.  Just when you thought you knew the DD-20
inside & out, here comes another little twist -- the 46-second "ping
pong" hack, the external pedal "slicer" function, or even the
micro-delays discussed here a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks Rainer!  :)

        --m.
--
_____
"take one step outside yourself. the whole path lasts no longer than