Re: OT IN EAR MONITORS

info at zoekeating wrote:

> i've used for the last 3 years a pair of headphones called ER-4s by
> Etymotic Research. think they were around 400 clams then, possibly
> cheaper now. great company and i love their headphones.

I'll second Zoe's recommendation. I started using Etymotics recently and
  have been really happy with them. I'm using the cheaper version
(ER-6), and even those have excellent definition and transparency. I
was listening to some jazz I had transcribed a few years ago, and
discovered I'd made a voicing mistake that was painfully evident through
the ER-6s, though not through the studio headphones I used at the time.
Impressive.

One concern, though, is that they have tiny little acoustic filters that
provide a measure of equalization. It's good to order a spare set,
because they, um, fill up with earwax.

Brian