Live Looping Interface

Hi,

regarding my final decision of what interface to buy, i would really apreciate if you can help me with one more question.

I was thinking, instead of buying an entry-mid level firewire interface, going with a usb one (altough a good one).

What i'm trying to say is, i'm deciding between an Mbox 2 and a Firewire 410 (and i think, i would like the mbox better, more attracting software package).

The question is, it is true that for one input is enough with usb 1.1? Or is it for us, loopers, that what the interface has to support instead are lots of channels running together? (and for that reason is that everyone it recommending firewire interfaces).

I would really apreciate if someone can clarify this for me.

Very best to you all, Ariel (from Argentina).