RE: AW: looper + laptop interaction

Thanks Luis - your input has clarified, for me, my needs here.

In response to your suggestion of just using a repeater and putting my pre-recorded bed track (containing all i can't reproduce live) onto one of the tracks:  with a repeater, can the length of the individual tracks vary, while all is still tempo synced?  For example, could I just toss a bed track onto channel 4 (let's say a 4 min long piece of audio), and then use the other 3 channels to create/start/stop/reverse loops while the 4 min piece plays from start to finish?

and if this is possible, am i right to think that, on a 256mb flash card, i could fit a whole set's worth of bed tracks (whole songs minus what i create live)?

thanks again to everyone who has offered input - very helpful.  i am nearing a solution - i can feel it!
:  )