RE: gaspedal midi foot controller

Since we are three people playing multiple acoustic and digital
instruments, I want three looperlatives which are sync'd and each with a
foot control that is easy to get in and out of loops on the fly.

We will be making songs that are more like what a 5 or 6 piece band
would do, and shorter song lengths than I think some looping performers
would do, more like three or four minute songs, just maximizing the fact
that between the three of us we play about 30 instruments, and have them
ready to go on stage.

So I like the look of the GasPedal, because I could (I hope, I
assume...what I am asking the group's advice on here....) have each set
of four buttons, top to bottom, set for five tracks of the LP1, so that
the bottom one could be record, the second one for stop/play, the third
up one could be erase, and if Bob adds a traditional undo function
someday, then the top one could be undo.

That would seem to be a real simple and easy "on the fly" way of
handling this, don't you think? I can't imagine any one of us needing
more than five tracks.....and I like the fact that using pan and a
little pre planning, I can send five outs from the LP1 real easy, to the
board, so the soundman/engineer has some control over the loops too.

Another question for you geniuses, if I just wanted to use one LP1, and
have three people using it, say one guy has two tracks, another guy has
two tracks, another guy has four tracks, could you just have everyone
use an individual foot midi control and just assign the buttons to just
control individual tracks?, or maybe the three of us share two LP1's the
same way....anyone know if that would work? Yikes, I guess the fact that
the LP1 has only two inputs might mess that up.....but you could sum the
inputs pretty easy too.......

Thanks, Andy