Re: qualities of reverb

As a fan on the Eno/Budd works and also of Cocteau Twins, I'm too
interested
in this discussion.
About two weeks ago I've seen Robin playing live in a club here in Rome
and
i've would like to ask him about that sound, but it was impossible to meet
him, cause his show was not so appreciated by the audience (i think it
wasn't the right place for his music).
For those of you who are interested, he played a fender stratocaster all
the
time and had a Repeater, a laptop and other small (unknown) stuff put on
the
table near him, but i haven't understand what kind of stuff it was,
neither
the floorpedal he used.
For what i understand seein him is that every song was started by the
laptop; he had a clock signal in the earphone to start playing at the
right
time and on every cycle of the loop he was adding something new, using the
looper in a conventional way, like a jam-man. The laptop was used just for
the clock  and for playing his "tipical" drum tracks on the background.
No improvvisation: he played songs with a predefined start, evolution and
end.

About your question: as you know, i'm not a guitar player, and in the past
years i worked on programming by myself  the timbres i use in my set-up,
working with the reverbs and a little of chorus that reside inside my
keyboards, so i'm not the right person to give you a suggestion about an
external reverb box.

But, recently, with the aid of Per and Krispen, i have discovered that the
PSP 84 VST plugin has deep and beautiful reverbs.
If you have this plugin, you'll find a preset called "Haunted Playground"
that emulate very well the sound reverb you are looking for.
Adjusted some parameters to fit your needs and you can have Harold Budd
and/or Robin Guthrie playing in your house ; -)

Fabio
www.eterogeneo.com
www.myspace.com/eterogeneo