Re: http://www.yoavmusic.com/

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 12:33 PM, Matt Stevens
<mattstevensguitar@btinternet.com> wrote:
> Hey
>
> Have you guys heard of yoav?  Looks like hes going to be the act that
> takes looping into the mainstream, very commercial acoustic looper
> and he has got voice.

I'm not so sure he will take looping into the mainstream. The reason
is that he is using looping "as a recorder" rather than "as an
instrument" and because of that very few people might realize that he
is actually looping. And a phenomenon no one knows about can hardly go
mainstream.

Even though I'm not a fan of the tradition Yoav follows, it's always
interesting to hear people loop in more traditional music - stuff with
vocals, lyrics, verse and chorus parts etc. Other players in this
field that I like better listening to are Andrew Bird and Caroline
Glass.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen