Ableton live looping with no hands

Hello Loopers

A while ago there was a post about a student composition involving
live looping using a grand piano. This post is slightly off the topic
of this thread but related to a small section of it.

"Now I've got a lot of it figured out-
The different sounds as well as the structure and composition of the
piece (I'd hope so!),
the looping (ableton live is doing the looping, an envelope track
sends out "commands" to Bome's midi translator, which sends
instructions back to Live....this way the performer doesn't need to
worry about a footswitch or making the looping happen. She has enough
to worry about already!),

My question is in relation to this setup for ableton live.
I am running ableton live 6 on a macbook. I have my percussion going
through a m0audio project mix. My goals are to use ableton as a
livelooper for my percussion (drumset,congas,darbuka,
shakers.etc...The problem I have encountered is in regard to   the
clicking of midicontrollers to enable looping in ableton. I would like
to setup a template in ableton to do the looping without having to
worry about footswitches or midi pads to record and loop segments of
my playing. I have experimented with midistroke in ableton to various
degrees of success but still have not found a way to setup my looping
in such a way as to run automatically enabling me simply to worry
about my playing and the composition.

Could anyone elaborate further on this concept and a possible way to
implement it in ableton live

Kind regards
Byron Howell