RE: Marshall JMP-1

For the last few years I have been using JJ's brand ECC-83 tubes (European
for 12AX7) J.J tubes are made in the former Tesla factory in the Slovak
Republic, and use the better quality glass than most tube manufacturers in
the business. Several tube techs and repairmen I know swear by them. You
can
get them under other brand names like Groove Tubes but be sure they have
and
S as the end letter (as in Slovakia) Not R (Russian), or C (Chinese). The
JJ's tubes have the least microphonics and noise of any new tubes I've used
and they seem to last longer as well. The other approach if you can find
them is to invest in a couple of NOS tubes, They are very expensive, will
set you back upwards of 50-80 per tube. Of these brands, I'd look for
Mullard (not the new brand, originals ones) Telefunken, Amperex, or Valvo.
Any of these if you can find them will last forever and sound better than
most anything currently being produced.
Bill