Re: timefactor?

Well -- I think the issue might be that I have version 1.  I've heard that version 2 is a lot better.  Stay tuned, I'm going to upgrade....

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 1:40 PM, Ian Popperwell <popperwell@iname.com> wrote:
Hi Tom,

In answer to your question, I guess you have missed trying the speeding up/slowing down effects on all the different types of delay - it is implimented on some and not on others. I know that it's (pitch changing) is a great effect, but to be "deeply disapointed" in the TimeFactor is a little beyond me. The quality of the effects, the controllability, the use of 2 lots of footswitches, expression pedal, MIDI, USB, upgradability, sheer range of delay intervals, dual delays, the excelent implimentation of the various models... without getting into the looper... I have a few gripes too, some of them were sorted out in the software update though and I'm sure that others will be in future updates. Try changing the delay time on different delay types, some will pitch change and others won't - for me, the cutting/stretching the time is great for setting up interesting rythms using the repeat switch and tapping in different tempos.

Ian.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 8:23 AM
Subject: timefactor?

Finally getting the studio back up here.... expect results on the RC-50 in the next couple of days.

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 3:37 AM, William Walker <billwalker@baymoon.com> wrote:
The Eventide Timefactor is one of the greatest delays I've ever tried.

So I have one right here and I am so far deeply disappointed.... in particular, when you tweak the "time" knobs, instead of hearing pleasing pitch changes (or on the Repeater time compression) it simply cuts out bits of program material!  (It's better in "looper" mode but I didn't get it as a looper...)

Did I miss something?

--
/t