Electro-Harmonix MM w/Hazarai

The Memory Man w/Hazarai is getting cheaper and cheaper, I'm seeing them
now for $178 new on Ebay. I'm thinking about getting one as a backup in
case my Tascam goes down (can hardly carry a backup), and for trips with
my girlfriend where I can just barely justify my Backpacker, let alone a
big tape machine. I wish a walkman-sized four-track had been produced,
but we won't ever be seeing one of those now. And I don't want to be so
fetishistic about tape that I can't bear the thought of looping without
it. With reverse and tape-style pitchshifting, this seems to be the
closest cheap, portable stand-in. Obviously the 2880 has the four
tracks, but it's bigger and pricier and doesn't seem as mess-with-it-able.

So...anyone with the MM w/H discover any new freaky possibilities with
it? Making recordings with it? Any buyer's remorse...?

Further off-topic, has anyone ever used the Traveler Guitar traveler's
(duh) guitars, particularly the acoustics? The Escape solidbody is tiny
and tempting...

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com