Looperlative Linearity Questions

Hi there,
Really, I HAVE searched the archive for this info, and I have
downloaded and read the LP1 manual, and read through the website, but
I could not find an explicit answer to the following question, so if
any LP1 owners have some time to kill, please share your knowledge.

Does the Looperlative have linear, sequential loops (as opposed to
parallel)?

I have an EDP mindset, so if you could speak in those term, that'd be
swell. I realize that Mr. Amstadt doesn't like comparisons, and I dig
that, I just need consistant terminology.

Can linear loops also be layered?

For example, can you have a 3 stereo tracks for a verse, switch to a
chorus with 3 stereo tracks, and 2 stereo tracks for a bridge?

If the linear loops CAN be layered, what's their relation to 8 tracks?
In other words, could the verse the 8 tracks deep, AND then the chorus
be 8 tracks deep? Is it possible to have let's say, 2 asynchronous
tracks floating around, while switching between 6 track parts?

Maybe these are obvious to everyone else, or maybe I'm on crack. Just
wondering.

Thanks for your time,
Patrick