Re: HOW MANY LOOPS DO YOU USE SIMLUTANEOUSLY?

I use an EDP, and the bulk of my looping is with either two or three loops.  I have one piece which uses specifically four.  I also play acoustic guitar without any effects processing except for some reverb, so there's only so much sonic "room" available to me.  My pieces are also typically around 3-8 minutes long and of a conventional "song" format (verse/chorus/bridge etc.) so all of those things seem to keep me in the three loop realm.  However, judicious use of Undo to thin out loops or on-the-fly re-recording of a new loop can make it seem like more loops are being used.

The EDP design does sort of force you into choosing though, since the number of loops is defined at the beginning.  If MoreLoops is set to two, and you get an idea for something that needs four after you've started, you're out of luck.  It's also difficult for me (and most people, I suspect) to manage more than three or four loops, particularly when using a MIDI controller as limited as the FCB.  I can imagine a scenario where I had six or eight loops, where there were A and B versions of three or four loops, but I haven't been able to figure out an effective UI for the FCB to control it all.

TH