Re: HOW MANY LOOPS DO YOU USE SIMLUTANEOUSLY?

Too many musical loop layers becomes mush (IMO).

But sometimes you actually want mush.

I use two unsynced EDPs and "stereoize" the output of each with
processing.

Each is set up for only 3 loops.

I very rarely (hardly ever) use all 6 loops available to me between the
two EDPs.

Most often, I use 2 on one Plex and only one on the other (unsynced)
Plex.

What Rick said is very astute.

It's hard to develop a complex song/composition quickly adding just one
element at a time and still manage the levels and mix of all.

It takes time.

Mir-O's performance at Y2K6 was awe inspiring.

But many audience members are impatient and will not wait for the music
to develop - or (simply put) refuse to enjoy the process of it
developing for what it is.

That's one reason that (for a time) a few years back I occasionally
employed a phrase sampler with parts (also of my own creation, of
course) already canned and ready to go at a well-timed push of a
button.

I don't use it any more - my interests are elsewhere (I'm trying to do
simpler music these days).

But I do find the feedback knobs on the EDPs most handy for getting rid
of "mush" when it arises unwanted.

Cheers,

tEd ® KiLLiAn

www.tedkillian.com

http://www.myspace.com/tedkillianguitar
http://www.myspace.com/tedkillian

Flux Aeterna:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?
playListId=6378076
Also check out the BEMF 1 CDs at:
http://www.boisemusicians.com/experimental/cd.htm
And: "Mojo at the Dojo" CD at: http://cdbaby.com/cd/hartungkillian
And: "Experimentus" CD at: http://cdbaby.com/cd/krispen4

http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html
http://www.CDbaby.com/cd/tedkillian
http://www.guitar9.com/fluxaeterna.html
http://www.loopers-delight.com/cgi-bin/profiles.cgi?
step=view_profile&id=121197000042
http://www.guitarplayer.com/story.asp?storyCode=18131

Ted Killian's "Flux Aeterna" is also available at Apple iTunes