AW: HOW MANY LOOPS DO YOU USE SIMLUTANEOUSLY?

I'd like to ask the original poster (who was that again) how to count loops
in that context?

Some definitions I've seen explicitly or implicitly in the replies so far
for "number of loops"

a) the number of separate recordings (e.g. if using a "simple" looper like
DL4 and overdub twenty times onto your first loop, you got 21 loops) - nb:
it's kinda tricky to find the exact number of simultaneous loops here if
feedback <1.

b) the number of individual tracks in one loop that is otherwise operated
as
one (think Repeater OS 1.x)

c) the number of independent loops which cannot sound at the same time
(think EDP)

d) the number of independent loops which can sound at the same time (think
e.g. Mobius or Looperlative)

        Rainer

ps: I usually stretch to the limit of what the looper in use has to offer,
though not necessarily all the time. That means e.g. four by definition b)
with a Repeater, two by definition d) with a DD20 etc. And I totally agree
that stacking a lot of loops (and in that context, it's irrelevant whether
by a), b) or d) definition) requires careful thinking about the
arrangement.
Although, Kevin, I remember that mixing lots of water colors gives you more
a brown color than a grey one...