AW: HOW MANY LOOPS DO YOU USE SIMLUTANEOUSLY?

Rainer asked:
I'd like to ask the original poster (who was that again) how to count loops
in that context?

To me,   if you overdub different parts (as opposed to just either
doubling
or harmonizing an
individual loop) in a piece of music it doesn't really matter whether they
are all
in one loop (the DL-4 or EDP paradigm)   or have them running
simultaneously
in separate , controllable
channels (the Looperlative, Repeater, Ableton's LIVE,  multiple instances
of
any software looping plugins
or programs).

Although one can make an arrangement more flexible with muteable and
separately processed loops
the tendency towards timbral, rhythmic or harmonic (or disharmonic)
masking
is still the same.

Of course,  not everyone even used this pargadigm of the looping artist as
'one-person' band, but
I was curious about the people who do use this paradigm.

Obviously,  someone like Andre LaFosse, Andy Butler or Claude Voit so
really
amazing things with
retriggering up to 16 separate loops in the EDP but these don't exist in
the
same time with each other
(unless one is running EDPs that are synced in stereo).

How many loops do you tend to use in a piece of music.
If there is such a thing as a typical Rainer Straschill set up for a 'song'
what would it be.

yours,  Rick Walker