help with phrasing

Hey All –

Since this is ground zero for loop terminology, I was hoping to implore you all for some advice with phrasing – and of course, to get a shameless plug out of the whole thing.

Here is a list of the functions for my program …. I am never sure how clearly these are communicated, so I was wondering which of them cause confusion (especially for the more novice loopers, who may not have run into such terminology).

The parentheticals below indicate alternate verbiage …. Used by either boomerang or RC-20/50 in most cases.

Also, I usually say “loops” or “loop tracks” where some (mobius) users would say just “tracks” ……

Anyway …… which of these functions make/don’t make sense in terms of communicating the functions?  Any suggestions for alternate verbiage or questions about meaning are welcome.

Is it clear what the program does to the (especially novice) user, or are there better ways to phrase things ??

Thanks in advance,

Aaron

…………………………………….. post ……………………………….

Here is a quick breakdown of the functions, please note that all functions can be done immediately and on the fly without stopping playback.

Basic Functions:

- Record independent loop of differing lengths, synced or not

- Stack (layer/overdub) infinitely on any of the loop tracks, with or without decay

- Stop any loop playback immediately or at the next master loop repeat

- Stutter (One-Shot)

- Record a B side compliment which plays serially to any of the 5 primary loops

- Transition any loop seamlessly from it's A to B side

Advanced Functions:

- Consolidate multiple loops into a single loop

- Multiply, Add (append), or Overwrite any loop

- Change which loop is the master

- Stop or Stutter all loops together, or some group of loops

- Crossfade between two groups of loops

- Scratch a group of loops as if on a turntable

- Shift the frequency (speed and pitch together, then) of a loop or group of loops

Recording:

- Load or Save loops as wav files

- Record a live session including all playing loops and incoming audio (solos, etc.)

MIDI:

- Map any midi command to any function with a simple midi learn function

Coming Soon:

- VST compliance

see www.flyloops.com for screenshot, video demos, and free download.

Thanks,