Re: This is your brain on jazz -- MRI studies of improvisation

Oh yes and also you don't violate the rules
properly/artistically/seriously if you don't have a very clear idea of
what they are...
all _real_ musical innovators had solid ground in what was there before
hence a history of transcribe, study, imitate, the elders.

Claude

snip