Re: attitude(how much to ask for)

My experience

There's a huge amount of variables involved.  For a coffeehouse type gig in the city where I live, the "good" places pay $50 plus free food and whatever tips and CD sales you can muster up.  For the "bad" coffeehouses, it may only be tips and CD's and a discount on the food.

For weddings and corporate gigs, about $75-100/hour, starting from when I leave the driveway until I return.

Band gigs in bars--always some bullshit formula involving percentages of the bar, the door, less the soundman and doorman fees which amounts to $20-80 takehome for the entire band.

For bars and cafes, the deals are usually "take it or leave it"--the venue offers you something, and are usually completely unwilling to negotiate.

TH