Re: Why SHOULDN'T musicians be paid?

I'm sorry Rick, while I respect you immensely, I gotta come down with Travis on this (who I think you've been a bit rude to), but maybe phrased differently: people of limited means, as most people are, tend to spend most of their money on things they perceive that they *have* to spend money on - food, shelter, medical care, etc. Musicians are a category of discretionary spending, so we tend to make less. I think Travis is using "useful" to mean an "unavoidable expenditure".

Whether you respect what you do or not or are bitter or not about this reality doesn't change it, and one shouldn't have to wear blinders in order to be PC about this. Of course music has value. Of course musicians should be well-compensated. Of course Bush should have been drawn and quartered 6 years ago. This is not a perfect world.