From: phillwilson@hotmail.com
To: loopers-delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: RE: LIST of FAMOUS LIVE LOOPING ARTISTS
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 23:24:07 +0000

I would add

HOWIE DAY - live simple looping off 2 dl4's
JOSEPH ARTHUR - Check out Live at Gypsies Tea Room CD Old School Jamman workout!!
FINAL FANTASY AKA OWEN PALLETT - Truly wonderful artist , check his youtube videos for live natural and simple looping at its best
ANDREW BIRD - Another violin looper but with very differant style
BATTLES - First band I have seen in charts with EDP's in their videos (wonder if theres stay in sync??!hehe)

eerrrr errr ..others!! will think when my mind is less dizzy with echoplex's

Phill MyOneManBand

> From: looppool@cruzio.com
> To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
> Subject: LIST of FAMOUS LIVE LOOPING ARTISTS
> Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 15:41:23 -0700
>
> To help Darren with his thesis project on live looping I thought it might be
> really good
> to come up with a current list of well known live looping artists.
>
> People not mentioned in his initial list would have to include
>
> IMOGEN HEAP (Frou Frou and solo career)
>
> JON BRION
> (film soundtracks, multi instrumentalist and the
> famous producer of Fiona Apple who has a weekly live looping
> gig in Los Angeles)
>
> KID BEYOND)(Andrew Chaikin's beatboxing all acapella live looping show is
> really attracting attention)
>
> ROB MASSIE (of 808 State just used live looping extensively in his SF show)
>
> ARILD ANDERSEN (famous Norwegian jazz bassist, part of the ECM records
> stable of solo and collaborative artists)
>
> EDDIE VEDDER (front man for Pearl Jam used live looping in his solo concert
> just last week in Santa Cruz,
> parenthetically, his opening act also used live
> looping and, point of civic pride here, he wrote a brand
> new composition about how much he loves Santa Cruz
> and performed it the evening that he wrote it)
>
> MATMOS (the producers who work with BJORK---I"m not sure here, but it sure
> seemed like they were looping
> live in concert with her when I saw her recently)
>
> BILL FRISSEL (possibly the most important American jazz artist today)
>
> DAVID TORN (arguably the first high profile live looper and one who's been
> doing digital looping as long as anyone)
>
> HENRY KAISER (one of the most influential and famous experimental musicians
> in the US today. He was literally
> doing live looping in the digital realm earlier than
> anyone. I forgot the date that he told me but he
> was doing this back in the 70's with the earliest digital
> delays)
>
> ROBERT FRIPP (started much of this with his double REVOX tape machine live
> loops called Frippertronics)
>
> in our own community
>
> MATTHIAS GROB (inventor of the Pardis delay which became the Gibson Echoplex
> EDP with loop IV)
> KIM FLINT (American guitarist and founder of LOOPERS DELIGHT, the mecca
> live looping website on the planet)
> ANDRE LAFOSSE (American guitar)
> CLAUDE VOIT (Swiss guitar)
> ANDY BUTLER (British guitar)
> BILL WALKER (American guitarist)
> PER BOYSEN (Swedish multi instrumentalist-popularizer of live looping in his
> country-founder of the 1st and 2nd SWEDISH LIVE LOOPING FESTIVALs)
> SUNAO INAMI (Japanese keyboardist/composer-popularizer of live looping in
> his country- founder for the LOOPERS DELIGHT J live looping festivals)
> ERDEM HELVACIOGLU (Turkish composer/guitarist)
> BERNHARD WAGNER (Swiss guitarist - popularizer of live looping in his
> country and founder of the 1st INTERNATIONAL LOOP FESTIVAL ZURICH)
> [...]

Try Messenger on your mobile. Text MSN to 63463 Now.

Get fish-slapping on Messenger Play now!