Re: perhaps *some* musicians shouldn't be paid.....

synchro1 schrieb:
> fewer than 200 individuals of the world's total population would
> enjoy this piece.

This is so easy to prove wrong, I am sure alone with pulling out that
story it will be played more than 200 times and paying well with
royalties for the creation of that collage.

Listening now, and enjoying... ;-) It's wonderfully terrible...
If it wouldn't be a collage that would change just before it becomes
unbearable it would be - well, unbearable...
Anybody knows of Mrs. Miller? Its so funny. It all depends on the
perspective...
And on the most unwanted instruments, I am sure there are more than
200*200 players for each, accordion and bagpipe in the world...

All this is coming out of a statistical perspective. But if you look at
taste in a statistical way, the result will be 100% nonsense. Its so
obvious, that stories about that are always funny, but I doubt that
statisticians would ever want to get it, because its their main source
of income. All the big boring multinational trusts want to know the
average taste of mankind to create the everlasting product everybody
wants. I know they will fail forever... (Unfortunately their efforts
kill tasteful craftsmen...)

Or in short:
The common factor of the average taste is the absence of taste...

This is true for bad taste and good taste...
(replace "taste" with "bad taste" or with "good taste"... ;-)

Stefan

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------