RE: amplifying a national steel dobro guitar

The Nationals and Dobros are comparably expensive, but there are several
lines of Chinese-made resophonics that come with single, dual or tricone
resonators that have good sounds.  With any of them, from top lines on
down,
you must find the single instrument that has the sound you seek.  I have a
Johnson, which was not very expensive (and isn't fancy), which out of a
dozen or so like it exhibited a very bell-like quality.  I don't recommend
ordering one from a catalog--just pick up and play every one you see for
sale; if you find one you like, get someone else to play it for you while
you walk around it and listen to the projection.  Some sound almost like
they are playing through amps...

dave

Dave Gallaher
Microwave Dave & The Nukes