Re: FAVORITE LIVE LOOPERS: a new list

That's exactly what I've been thinking throughout this
all the posts and thought someone had probably already
mentioned it, but it really does seem that almost
every pedalboard you see out there has at least
something like a DL4 or an RC-20 on it.

Now whether or not all those pedals are being used for
what we would consider live looping is another
question, but it does raise the problem of determining
who gets to be on such a list based on such a 'gray
area' set of criteria.

The list might consist of:

1) Well-known musicians of any musical style who've
been sighted with looping gear onstage or in the
studio, with no consideration as to its use. (As
Stefan pointed out, this would be HUGE.)

or

2) Well-known musicians known to incorporate some
degree of live looping into a variety of contexts.

or

3) Well-known (?) musicians who've established their
entire careers using looping as an integral element of
their musical style.

Obviously there'd be a lot of overlap between these
categories...

We might also have to define 'well known': take
someone like Andre LaFosse; he's undoubtedly expanded
the techniques of live looping and regularly pushes
the envelope, but is pretty much unknown outside of a
comparatively small group of like-minded musicians. I
would think someone like that would be more worthy of
comment within our specialized community than would
Joe Rockstar who might be using a DL4 as a delay or
doing some rudimentary looping on a tune or two, but
is clearly much more highly visible to the general
public.

-t-

--- Stefan Tiedje <Stefan-Tiedje@addcom.de> wrote:
> Another thought about this list of fame: Imagine you
> should list famous
> pianists, any list would be more of a personal
> reference, and would be
> far from being complete, in the contrary, a complete
> list would be
> unbearable. This is a clear sign, that the piano is
> an established
> instrument.
> We are heading into the state of looping being an
> established
> instrument, because a complete list is as likely to
> be too big, as
> incomplete...

http://www.myspace.com/nimbletunes
http://cdbaby.com/all/timnelson