Re: OT: Netiquette (was Re: New Product preview at the Ethermusic festival)

Quoting "Cikira (Amanda)" <cikira@fairpoint.net>:

>>> http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/2008/05/moog-guitar-review-spotted.html
>>
>> WTF?!?
>>
>> Does anybody else think this looks like really, really bad netiquette?
>

> Hello all,
>
> BIG NOTE: I forwarded the full posting with Kevin's name. Matrix chose
> to post it as he did.
>
> If it were my blog, I would have written Kevin to ask his permission to
> make the re-post. Perhaps this is matrix' policy on these things. While
> I'm not in favor of it, I'm not surprised by anything people do on the
> net. I've had my own words re-posted various places, both with and
> without credit, so I have always regarded that as something to expect
> if the content gets people's attention.
>
>> First of all, there's the whole issue of snarfing posts from an
>> email list and randomly re-posting them all over the Internet.
>> That point is always debatable.
>
> Forwarding interesting news to matrixsynth's blog is routinely done by
> his friends around the net. What Kevin had to say was obviously of
> great interest to the Moog fans.
>
>> But what *really* steams me is that this Cikara person has
>> completely stripped Kevin Kissinger's name and contact information
>> off his own post.  Not only does that deprive Kevin of credit for
>> his own words, but it makes it look as if those words were instead
>> written by the person that stole the post.
>
> On the issue of crediting the source I agree with you completely, Per.
> So now you know that I didn't 'steal' Kevin's post.

Hi!

The only problem with the post being copied is that there was an
inaccurate detail -- namely that the Moog Guitar does NOT use "ebow
technology" -- that is, "Ebow" is a tradename.  The technology is able
to add or subract energy from a vibrating string however it is Moog's
own technology and not Ebow's.  This was an honest mistake and I am
mortified that my post was not completely accurate.

Quoting posts can be uh... shall was say "dangerous living".

On my website, I did an intentionally over-the-top rendition of the
Schubert Ave Maria with equally over-the-top silly notes:

http://kevinkissinger.com/schubert.shtml

Well, guess what?  Another website picked up the notes and posted it
in a SERIOUS article about Franz Schubert.  Apparently someone tipped
them off that the notes were a joke for I can't find the site on
Google anymore.

-- Kevin