OT:Re: VIDEO - Walker Bros looping and the Gavilan College

   Thanks for the kind words guys, I was hoping they had taken that off You tube! That was the last time I brought a big rack full of stuff to a gig, I was using both the Looperlative and the repeater at the time and the Cheesy Tablas were courtesy of a Roland Gr30 arpeggio I wrote. I have since stopped using the repeater and the guitar synth live as I was wanting to delve deeper in to the Looperlative, and simplify my rig. I think I might have still been using a Vox amp modeler as well.. The Lap steel is an original,  first run Ben Harper model, made by Asher guitars in LA. It is a chambered body 6 string lap guitar with a very warm woody sound.  It was probably in  a minor tuning as I was playing in harmonic minor on the improv. I also may have been in a sus 2 tuning which I like because its more neutral  and I can move in either a harmonic or natural minor direction as well as the major, Lydian and mixolydian modes  and create great sounding full bar sus 2 chords any where on the neck.. In D the tuning is DADEAD but I also do the same R5R25R tuning in C and E as well. I can’t say I’ve explored any of the more conventional western swing C6 and Dobro G major tunings,  yet but every once in a while a new tuning comes across my radar  that I will explore.

 I highly recommend taking up the lap steel. You can find cheap ones on line and put a better pick up in them if needed. I recently acquired a new gretsch Electromatic lap steel and put a nice TV Jones pick up in it. It sounds fantastic and is small and light weight.  I think the Chinese made Gretsch and Korean made PRS guitars make great fixer uppers, not too expensive and for a  couple of hundred extra bucks worth of quality pickups they can sound like guitars 3 and 4 times the price.

Bill