Re: They stole our idea!

> But that's the slight difference between _dreaming_ and actually DOING
>it.

Often times the problem is cost.  Large companies don't want to invest
unless they can forsee large numbers of units sold.

As for small builders such as myself, there needs to be a strong personal
desire to have the product.  To produce the first LP1 took a huge number
of
hours of my time and thousands of dollars.  It is not something that I
would
have done if I didn't feel the need to have it for myself.

If money is no object, then you create most anything that you want.
However, usually the idea is that I want a pedal that does exactly this,
and
it can only cost me $100.  Unfortunately, the only way that is going to
happen is if 100,000 or more people all want the same thing and some large
company is able to determine that the market really is that large.

It is unfortunate that ultimately that creativity is connected to cost.  I
wish it weren't that way.

Bob